Friday, September 9, 2011

Buddy and Tiny

My boys are obsessed with Dinosaur Train.  The show, the toys, the books, we even had to buy the little guy a duplicate of this so they would stop fighting over the one we have.  We ended up getting one from Target that is a special underwater version with their favorite shark (cretoxyrhina) character instead, and that caused more fighting initially because Babyman wanted "the blue one" instead of his "green one."

I figured what better for Halloween than for Babyman to dress as Buddy and Tiny to dress as Tiny, natch.  Small hitch:  I really don't want to pay $30 for each of their costumes... though I've done it before.  Sooooooooo I thought, well maybe I can make them.  Should be easy enough, right?  Nevemind the fact that my boys would never go for having these heavy-looking hoods on for any length of time.

So you can imagine how excited I was to find this!  My only concern is going to be translating the patterns to full size since I don't have a lot of experience with that kind of thing.  And the pattern is only for Buddy, not Tiny.  But I think it will be easy enough to translate the pattern to Tiny, changing the color and adding wings.  I have a bit more than a month to get it done, I think I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment