Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Carrie and Friends


As a Sex and the City fan (one who would do nothing but glue herself to the couch those Sunday nights) I'm embarrassed to say we just watched the movie this weekend. Granted it had to do with the fact that we bought it on blu-ray and haven't been able to watch anything on the blu-ray player for months due to a dying projector bulb.

I have to say I was so pleasantly surprised. I had read everything I could get my hands on when the movie first came out, and I was sorely disappointed in what everyone was saying. So I was somewhat expecting to be very saddened by the movie and totally disappointed in all the story lines. As a sappy, silly girl I was so happy that everything ended on a high note. Yes it was all pretty easy and yes it's all silly, but I wasn't looking for an inner meaning here. I was just looking for a happy ending for some of my favorite characters out there. I certainly got that!

Of course something has to be said about the fashion. As with the show some clothes were hits and some were misses. I liked Charlotte's wardrobe the best, which is rather surprising to me. Of course Carrie had some doozies, but oh how I wish I had her shoe closet.... both the closet that Big built for her and contents!

So all in all, after expecting disappointment I was so happy at the entire story. I really enjoyed it and will be watching again - after my planned marathon of all seasons and all episodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment