Monday, May 16, 2011

Party Planning

My focus over the past few weeks (months?) has been my little guy's 3rd birthday party. I still can't believe he's 3 years old now. 3! Craziness.

So after we decided on a theme - Dinosaur Train - I got to work on the invitations. Next up were the goody bags.


Then t-shirt decals. And cupcake toppers.


The cupcakes were inspired by Confessions of a Cookbook Queen and were sooooooo good!

I also printed a bunch of coloring sheets for the kids and set up our Crayola table and chairs in the kitchen to the kids could color and play with Play Doh.

We finished off the decorations by keeping it simple - green and orange balloons, streamers, paper plates and napkins. Green and orange because Buddy, the main character on Dinosaur Train, is an orange T-Rex with green markings.

Babyman LOVED it! He was so excited about his "Dino Train" party. My only wish is that the weather had been a touch better and we could have dug for dinosaurs too - I bought small dinosaur toys that we were going to bury in the boys' sand table and let the kids go to town with the sand toys, "digging for dinosaurs." But no one was the wiser (nor did anyone realize that there were a few more items I had planned to make as favors and goody bag items, but just didn't have the time) and the party was a lot of fun.

I'm hoping to add some fun items inspired by the party to the shop - cupcake toppers and goody bag decals, maybe even the iron-on t-shirt decals too. But first up is getting a bunch of crayons molded and packaged.

Next big project coming up: planning Tiny's 2nd birthday party!

No comments:

Post a Comment